Thursday, August 16, 2012

Cub Scout Camping: MDS2 Layout

Good evening friends!  I've been busy this month working on lots of projects with the new MDS2 software Stampin' Up! released earlier this month and I have to say, I'm in love.  There are so many new features that make the software even easier to use, you have to try it out.  Tonight I want to share a scrapbook page layout I made for Aidan's Cub Scout camping trip we had in June.  This was layout was so easy.  I used the 8 x 8 page layout from The Great Outdoors digital kit and resized it to 12 x 12 (love this new feature).  Then I just popped in a couple of pictures, text and stamps from the same digital kit. 

For the coordinating page I used the same background color selected a photo layout from several predesigned options.  I added the same overlay image from the first page and mirrored it and then popped in pictures and a couple more coordinating stamps.




I was able to complete both pages in less than half an hour (love it!)  I'll definately be adding these to my print order next week so I can take advantage of the 31% off promotion. 

Below is a list of elements used on the pages:

First Page:

Embellishments
    _Designer Kits\Downtown Grunge - embellishments\Downtown Grunge - frame4
      _Designer Kits\Downtown Grunge - embellishments\Downtown Grunge - tape 3

Stamps
    Bulletin Alphabet & Numbers\Bulletin Alphabet & Numbers - o, Color = 0,0,0
    Bulletin Alphabet & Numbers\Bulletin Alphabet & Numbers - u, Color = 0,0,0
    Bulletin Alphabet & Numbers\Bulletin Alphabet & Numbers - t, Color = 0,0,0
    Bulletin Alphabet & Numbers\Bulletin Alphabet & Numbers - d, Color = 0,0,0
    Bulletin Alphabet & Numbers\Bulletin Alphabet & Numbers - o, Color = 0,0,0
    Bulletin Alphabet & Numbers\Bulletin Alphabet & Numbers - o, Color = 0,0,0
    Bulletin Alphabet & Numbers\Bulletin Alphabet & Numbers - r, Color = 0,0,0
    Bulletin Alphabet & Numbers\Bulletin Alphabet & Numbers - s, Color = 0,0,0
    The Great Outdoors\The Great Outdoors - chair, Color = 0,0,0
    The Great Outdoors\The Great Outdoors - fire, Color = 0,0,0
    The Great Outdoors\The Great Outdoors - flashlight, Color = EARLY ESPRESSO 80,57,49

Punches
    1.25 Square Punch
    Wide Oval Punch

Second Page:
Background
     Color = CRUMB CAKE 179,161,131

Stamps
    The Great Outdoors\The Great Outdoors - tent, Color = EARLY ESPRESSO 80,57,49
    The Great Outdoors\The Great Outdoors - ant, Color = EARLY ESPRESSO 80,57,49

Punches
    1.25 Square Punch
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog