Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Paper Player Sketch Challenge #143: Sassy Anniversary Greeting

Happy Wednesday, we've made it through the half way of the week.  I was so excited to receive this months My Paper Pumpkin subscription kit, especially the "cheeky" greetings.  While I haven't had an opportunity to make the cards in the kit I saw this great idea of mixing the greetings and knew it would be a perfect anniversary card for my hubby and decided to use the Paper Players sketch challenge for the card.  Instead of doing a serious card I thought I would have fun to let him know how much I love him.

The cardbase is Crumb Cake and then I added a piece of First Edition Speciality DSP (can't believe this is retiring) and I stamped it with the compass image from The Open Sea and sponged the edges with Crumb Cake ink.  Next I took a piece of Real Red Core'dinations cardstock and ran it through the Big Shot with the Hexagon embossing folder and sanded the image to highlight the texture.  The circle is made from the globe from The Open Sea stamp set that was stamped in Crumb Cake and then I added the "seriously" from the Seriously My Paper Pumpkin kit in Not Quite Navy before punching it out with the 2 1/2" circle punch and sponging around the edge with Crumb Cake ink.  I added strips of DSP in Not Quite Navy and Soft Suede for flags.  The greeting is from the same Seriously MPP kit and I just used a Stampin' Write marker to ink the words I wanted to use and used two different stamps to get the "love your booty" greeting.  The final touch was to add a Silver Basic Designer Button with a piece of 1/8" Early Espresso Taffeta ribbon tied in the center.
 
This card is super fun and has some classic elements while still being "edgy," I can't wait to see what Chris thinks of it and this sketch is so fun and open to so many possibilities, I love the flexibility.
 
Happy Stamping,
 
Diana

Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Terrific card! I love your use of color and the Paper Pumpkin stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your custom-made dsp in the background (I, too, am greatly saddened and surprised to see this dsp retire). And your custom-made sentiment is very clever. Happy Anniversary! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw this sentiment at Regionals, it cracked me up....love what you did with all the elements here! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog